Oracle Fusion HCM Cloud is a cloud-based HR software solution built to provide enterprises with a single system of record for all their workforce data. The prerequisites for Oracle Fusion HCM Cloud are an internet connection and internet browser, as well as the following:
- An active Oracle account
- A computer running Windows 7 or higher, Mac OS X 10.8 or higher, or Linux
- A compatible browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari)
But to learn more about the prerequisites of Oracle Fusion HCM, read the blog till the very end.
Oracle Cloud HCM Overview
Oracle Cloud HCM is an integrated suite of cloud-based HR applications that enables organizations to manage their workforce. These applications are designed for use by HR professionals, managers, and employees.
Oracle Cloud HCM helps HR professionals and managers provide a single view of all their people’s data from one system. It helps in making better decisions faster. This includes:
- Streamlined communication
- Internal and external communications are streamlined with a single view of all their people’s data from one system.
- Better job matching
- Managers can more easily match candidates to open positions.
- Ready workforce
- Employees have access to information they need to make smart decisions on their career path, including when they’ll be able to retire or leave.
Requirements For Accessing Oracle Fusion Cloud HCM?
A Java-enabled browser is required for accessing Oracle Fusion Cloud HCM (Human Capital Management) software. Oracle Fusion Middleware Messaging Server is also required for using Oracle Fusion Cloud HCM web services.
Oracle Fusion Cloud HCM is supported on browsers that are based on the following operating systems:
- Mac OS X
This means that it can be used by employees who are not at the office and do not have access to the application installed on their computers.
Else than that, the following are the basic requirements for accessing Oracle Fusion Cloud HCM:
- Internet connection (wireless or wired)
- A personal computer with a minimum of 2GB of RAM and 2GB of free disk space.
Oracle Fusion Cloud HCM Pre-Requisites
Oracle Fusion Cloud HCM is a cloud-based human capital management suite. It is a comprehensive suite that helps organizations manage their workforce better by providing end-to-end HR solutions. This section discusses the prerequisites for Oracle Fusion Cloud HCM.
Besides the basic requirements discussed above, Oracle Fusion Cloud HCM may require:
- Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g
- Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g
- Oracle Application Express
- A Java Virtual Machine (JVM) 10 or higher
- Oracle Database 12c Release 2 or higher
- Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Release 2 or higher
- Java SE Development Kit (JDK) 8 or higher
1. Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g
Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g is a software suite that provides a comprehensive set of capabilities for delivering cloud-based Human Capital Management (HCM) and Financial Management (FM) applications. It is an application framework that helps develop, deploy, and manage these applications in the cloud.
Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g is one of the most popular enterprise-class software products that enable organizations to move their business to the cloud and realize the benefits of cloud computing.
It provides enterprise-grade, reliable, and scalable performance for mission-critical data. With Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g, organizations can build new state-of-the-art HCM and FM applications.
2. Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g
Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition is a business intelligence suite used for reporting and analysis. It provides a complete set of data mining, visualization, and data integration tools.
Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g is the latest version of Oracle’s enterprise-grade BI suite. This version has been designed to meet the needs of enterprise customers with large numbers of users, complex data models, and challenging security requirements.
The key features in Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g are:
- Data Modeling: robust modeling capabilities for creating new models or modifying existing ones
- Reporting: customizable report design with drag-and-drop functionality
- Visualization: the interactive drill-down capability to explore data at different levels
- Data Integration: built on top of Oracle’s
3. Oracle Application Express
Oracle Application Express (APEX) is a free, web-based tool that simplifies creating, updating, and managing Oracle Fusion Cloud Human Capital Management (HCM) applications. APEX provides a user interface for building HCM applications, making it easy to create data entry screens, validate data on the client-side, and update application logic without writing any code.
The following are some use cases of Oracle Application Express:
- With APEX, it is possible to build an application for managing employee information such as hiring processes or leave requests.
- It can be used for reporting on headcount by department or position.
4. Java Virtual Machine (JVM) 10 Or Higher
Java Virtual Machine (JVM) 10 or higher is a Java-based software that takes care of the underlying operations of a Java program. It is used for executing programs written in the Java programming language. Sun Microsystems originally developed the JVM, but Oracle Corporation, which now owns the product, has been working on it since 2010. The latest version of JVM, released in October 2018, is JVM 10 and designed to provide better performance and security features.
The Java Virtual Machine’s runtime environment is a dynamic, multiprogramming virtual machine. The JVM is a thread-based virtual machine; each program has its stack and thread of execution managed by the JVM. Java programs run inside an application server container.
The Java Virtual Machine consists of the following:
a. The Runtime Environment:
The runtime environment is where the bytecodes are interpreted, and exceptions are thrown.
b. The Virtual Machine Monitor:
This provides much of the functionality that was previously provided by operating systems. It’s responsible for scheduling threads, handling interrupts, paging memory, and performing low-level I/O.
c. A Java Runtime Environment:
The JRE provides the core runtime environment used by applications that don’t need to run in a security sandbox.
5. Oracle Database 12c Release 2 Or Higher
Oracle Database 12c Release 2 is the latest version of Oracle Database. It includes several improvements, including:
- In-memory processing
- Improved scalability
- Better security.
It is a huge release for Oracle. It comes with a lot of new features. Some of the major highlights are:
- Data In-Memory
- Advanced Analytics
- Data Guard Enhancements
- Data Pump Enhancements
- Configurable Redo Log Groups
- Data Format Pipes
The new features and enhancements in Oracle Database 12c Release 2 make it more powerful than ever. The release also comes with many new enhancements, making it even better. Some of them are:
- Improved ACID properties
- JSON and JSONB support
- XML data type support
- JDBC 4 support
6. Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Release 2 Or Higher
Enterprise Manager is a management system that allows you to monitor and manage the health and performance of your IT infrastructure. It is a web-based, multi-tenant solution that provides a single point of access to all the information about your IT environment.
Oracle Enterprise Manager is a product suite used to monitor, manage and control an organization’s IT infrastructure. Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Release 2 is the latest version of Oracle’s enterprise management software. It is an integrated monitoring and management solution for complex IT environments. It includes new features like:
- Oracle Database 12c
- Oracle Linux 7
- Oracle VirtualBox 4.3
- And much more.
Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Release 2 is available for download from the Oracle Technology Network (OTN).
7. Java SE Development Kit (JDK) 8 Or Higher
The JDK implements the Java Platform, Standard Edition (Java SE). It is intended for general-purpose use in developing applications and applets for either stand-alone use or use in a web browser.
The Java SE Development Kit (JDK) 8 or higher is a software development kit that provides the tools necessary to develop and run Java programs. It allows developers t write Java programs. It includes:
- A compiler that translates Java code into another type of code called bytecode
- A virtual machine that runs bytecode instructions on a computer’s hardware
- And various other tools like an editor and debugger.
The Java Runtime Environment (JRE) is the component of the JDK that provides an environment in which applications can run. The JRE includes Java SE packages like the Java APIs, classes, and bytecode.
Best Oracle Fusion HCM Training To Get Started
Wolf Careers Inc. offers the best Oracle Fusion HCM training and other in-demand training and placement opportunities. You can learn new technologies and techniques with our training programs. Through our case studies and real-time exercises, you can experience the industry, including the fruitful insights that might help you in the future.
Oracle Fusion HCM Training
Oracle is a leading provider of cloud HR software. Oracle Fusion HCM is one of their flagship products that many companies and organizations use for managing their human resources.
Oracle Fusion HCM Training is the best way to get started with this product. It will teach you how to use all the features in Oracle Fusion HCM, from basic tasks like employee onboarding to more complex ones like time off management.
Oracle Fusion HCM training has four key modules:
- Benefits Administration
- Talent Management
- Performance Management
- Compensation Administration
It also has additional modules like:
- Recruiting and Onboarding
- Time and Attendance Management
- Learning Management System (LMS)
- Workforce Management
- HR Analytics
Enroll today in the best Oracle Fusion HCM training program and start learning with a difference. Best of luck!