Step 1: Learn about tools.
Tools like Java, Android SDK, Eclipse, ADT plugin aid in developing an android app. All these tools are free to download from their respective websites.
Step 2: Strong command of Java programming language
Since most Android applications are written in Java, it is important to have a strong command of the Java language.
An online training program at Wolfcareers.Inc can help you in becoming a skilled Android Developer. The training program comprises professional mobile app developers’ business, marketing, and programming aspects.
Step 3: Understand the Android application lifecycle
In most cases, each Android application runs in its own Linux process. This process is created for your application when you need to run a piece of code, is no longer needed, and continues until the system needs to free up memory for use by other applications.
By understanding the lifecycle of Android applications, you can create applications that “work well with others” to provide the best possible experience for users.
Step 4: Learn the Android API
Android API stands for an application programming interface. It is important to learn Android API as it adds entirely new packages to the command set.
The Android packages allow you to write code that controls the following:
- Onboard camera
- Audio recording feature
- Bluetooth functionality
- Wifi ac
Once you have a strong command of these packages, you will be able to implement the hardware and features of Android devices in your mobile applications.
Step 5: Start writing your application
Write your application in multiple iterations, starting with the basic features and expanding its capabilities with each pass. Debug and test carefully to ensure that your application works in all situations.
Step 6: Distribute your Android application
You can distribute your Android application through the official Android Market, your website, or third-party websites. Websites like Amazon.com can help you distribute your application. But before selling your application, you need to register yourself as an official android developer.
Below are some skills you need to master to play the role of an Android developer.
- You need to be familiar with the Android SDK and various Android versions.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Java / Kotlin.
- In-depth knowledge of Android user interface design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Sufficient knowledge of SQL.
- A deep understanding of code version control tools such as Git.
- Be familiar with APIs that connect Android applications to back-end services.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning. —– Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Familiar with cloud message APIs and push notifications.
- Understand Google’s Android design principles and user interface guidelines.
- Familiar with continuous integration.
Mastering these skills will definitely help you succeed as an Android developer.
Android is one such domain whose work never sells out. Therefore, becoming an android developer will greatly benefit you. Although android development is a challenging form of programming, it is personally and financially rewarding.
It is a career that involves a lifetime of learning. Hence, you should take your decision wisely to become an Android Developer.